This dish is soooo easy and so delish it is a staple in our house these days. 50% of our kids like it! Okay, that is only one kid, but that is still really good!
This started as my sister-in-law’s friend’s recipe, but we have modified it qua bit:
We usually eat it over steamed or raw baby greens. Yum!
|Lentil Dahl Soup|| |
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 lb canned, chopped tomatoes (I use Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 13.5 fl oz can coconut milk
- ½ bag frozen peas, spinach, or kale
- chopped cilantro and lemon slices for optional garnish
- Saute the onions, garlic and spices in water for a bit to mix the flavors
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook for about a half an hour or so until the lentils are soft. (NOTE: red lentils cook *much* faster than brown lentils)
Everything in the pot, ready to simmer!
In the bowl, and ready to eat!!